Sunday, January 06, 2013

Microwave Gingerbread

Years ago I moved into a house where the oven didn't work and until I got around to buying a new cooker I was using my microwave for baking. Not every recipe worked but this was a good one for producing a really moist gingerbread.

Ingredients

140ml milk
115g/4oz marg
115g/4oz soft brown sugar
115g/4oz treacle
115g/4oz syrup
115g/4oz plain flour
115g/4oz wholemeal flour
4 level teaspoons ground ginger
1 level teaspoon bicarb
2 beaten eggs

Method

Melt marg, soft brown sugar, treacle and syrup with milk. Pour melted mixture into dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add eggs and beat thoroughly until mixed. Bake for 8 minutes at full power*.

* At the time I used this recipe the power on microwaves was much lower than today so you may need to play about with power and time settings.

No comments: